This is a list of the Superior Court of Justice Practice Directions that apply to proceedings in the East Region. Both province-wide and region-specific Practice Directions are listed. These Practice Directions take effect on July 1, 2014 and all other previously issued Superior Court of Justice Practice Directions are revoked.
For a list of courthouse locations by region, please see Regional Court Schedules.
For additional information on Court programs and services, see Going to Court.
- Consolidated Provincial Practice Direction (Province-wide)
- Consolidated Divisional Court Practice Direction (Province-wide)
- Provincial Practice Direction Regarding Criminal Proceedings (Province-wide)
- Consolidated Practice Direction for the East Region (Regional)
- Practice Direction Regarding Family Cases in the Superior Court of Justice East Region (Regional)
Binding Judicial Dispute Resolution
- Practice Advisory Concerning the Superior Court of Justice’s Binding Judicial Dispute Resolution Pilot Projects (Regional)
- Notice to the Family Law Bar and Family Litigants – Cornwall
- Request and consent form
Notices and Guides
- Notice to the profession – R. v. Chouhan (Province-wide)
- Notice to the profession re criminal law applications (Province-wide)
- Practice Advisory – 90 day Detention Reviews s. 525 Criminal Code (Province-wide)
- Practice Advisory – Application for Judicial Authorization of Physician Assisted Death (Province-wide)
- Practice Advisory Concerning the Provincial Civil Case Management Pilot – One Judge Model (Province-wide)
- Practice Advisory Concerning Videoconference Attendances in the Belleville Family Court (Regional)
- Publication Ban Requests in the Superior Court of Justice (Province-wide)
- Recommended Instructions to Self-represented Accused Before Pre-trial Conferences – These instructions provide information on the pre-trial conference to self-represented accused persons. (Province-wide)
- Superior Court of Justice Video Conferencing Pilot Project
The Superior Court of Justice video conferencing pilot project launched July 28, 2015 in eight locations: Toronto, Ottawa, Belleville, Oshawa, Newmarket, Sudbury, Timmins and Cochrane.