This is a list of the Superior Court of Justice Practice Directions that apply to proceedings in the Northwest Region. Both province-wide and region-specific Practice Directions are listed. These Practice Directions take effect on July 1, 2014 and all other previously issued Superior Court of Justice Practice Directions are revoked.
For a list of courthouse locations by region, please see Regional Court Schedules.
For additional information on Court programs and services, see Going to Court.
- Consolidated Provincial Practice Direction (Province-wide)
- Consolidated Divisional Court Practice Direction (Province-wide)
- Provincial Practice Direction Regarding Criminal Proceedings (Province-wide)
- Consolidated Practice Direction for the Northwest Region (Regional)
- Consolidated Practice Direction Concerning Family Cases in the Northwest Region (Regional)
Binding Judicial Dispute Resolution
- Practice Advisory Concerning the Superior Court of Justice’s Binding Judicial Dispute Resolution Pilot Projects (Regional)
- Notice to the Family Law Bar and Family Litigants
- Request and consent forms
Notices and Guides
- Notice to the profession – R. v. Chouhan (Province-wide)
- Notice to the profession re criminal law applications (Province-wide)
- Practice Advisory – 90 day Detention Reviews s. 525 Criminal Code (Province-wide)
- Practice Advisory – Application for Judicial Authorization of Physician Assisted Death (Province-wide)
- Practice Advisory Concerning the Provincial Civil Case Management Pilot – One Judge Model (Province-wide)
- Publication Ban Requests in the Superior Court of Justice (Province-wide)
- Recommended Instructions to Self-represented Accused Before Pre-trial Conferences – These instructions provide information on the pre-trial conference to self-represented accused persons. (Province-wide)