- Media Contacts
- Protocol Regarding the Use of Electronic Communication Devices in Court Proceedings
- Policy Regarding Access to Digital Audio Recordings
- Joint Courts' List of Designated Media for Access to Digital Court Recordings
- Court Services Division Policies and Procedures on Public Access to Court Files, Documents and Exhibits
- Directives, Guides, a Glossary and more
Message re COVID-19 (Updated January 4, 2022)
The Ontario Court of Justice has continued to provide meaningful access to justice during the COVID-19 pandemic while making the health and safety of all court users a top priority. For more information see
Chief Justice Lise Maisonneuve’s Message re COVID-19 (updated January 4, 2022).
COVID-19 Notices and Information (Ontario Court of Justice notices, directives and policies in response to COVID-19)
Welcome by the Chief Justice
Daily, our judges and justices of the peace deliver independent, impartial and timely justice to the thousands of people who come before the Ontario Court of Justice in more than 200 locations across the province. This year, the Ontario Court of Justice, the busiest in Canada, will deal with approximately 500,000 adult and youth criminal charges, hear millions of provincial offence matters such as traffic tickets, and serve more than 20,000 families.
To deliver the highest level of service to the people of Ontario, we are committed to making our Court open, accessible and responsive to their needs.
Our website provides a collection of guides, tools and information we hope will be helpful to litigants, students, teachers, members of the media, legal professionals, academics and the public.
Ontario Court of Justice