SUPERIOR COURT OF JUSTICE
CANADA ) THE 6th
PROVINCE OF ONTARIO ) DAY OF MAY, 2020
BY ORDER OF CHIEF JUSTICE GEOFFREY MORAWETZ
Due to the ongoing public health crisis caused by COVID 19 and its impact on Superior Court of Justice operations in Ontario,
- Child protection to be spoken to events that have been set to return to court for a rescheduling appearance during the weeks of June 1st, 8th and 15th 2020 are hereby adjourned to July 2020, in accordance with regional Notices to the Profession which will be released shortly.
- In addition, child protection to be spoken to events that were to be heard in the month of June 2020 are hereby adjourned to July 2020, in accordance with regional Notices to the Profession which will be released shortly.
- Existing orders in all such cases that are impacted by  and  above are hereby extended until July 31st, 2020 or further court order.
- If urgent issues arise in any such case in the interim, either party may make a request to the court for a matter to be addressed as permitted by Notices to the Profession applicable in each judicial region.
- The court will continue to hear steps in a child protection case in accordance with Notices to the Profession as applicable in each judicial region.
- This order shall not apply to child protection events that have been scheduled for a hearing in the intervening period including any initial hearings upon the removal of a child to a place of safety, scheduled temporary care and custody hearings, initial attendances for status review applications or steps in an appeal. All such events shall continue at the scheduled time pending further order of this court.
DATED at Toronto, this 6th day of May 2020.
Geoffrey Morawetz, Chief Justice
Ontario Superior Court of Justice