Effective January 18, 2021
1. Commercial and Estates List proceedings that require any material to be filed to the court shall be filed by:
- first, filing the materials through the Civil Submissions Online portal (except for bankruptcy matters to be heard by a judge which must be emailed to Toronto.Bankruptcy.Filings@ontario.ca);
- if you received an email invitation to upload documents into the CaseLines document-sharing platform, upload documents in accordance with the Supplementary Notice to the Profession and Litigants in Civil and Family Matters Including Electronic Filings and Document Sharing (CaseLines Pilot), or
- if you did not receive an invitation to upload documents into CaseLines, establish a storage space on sync.com that is unique to the case and upload materials there (this is a temporary measure until the court moves all files over to the new CaseLines system).
Documents uploaded to CaseLines
2. If you are the applicant in a matter with more than 10 parties and/or participants, you are required to login to CaseLines and invite all other parties and participants to the case. View a video tutorial at the following link. Information about adding parties starts at the 4-minute mark.
3. You may wish to review the Frequently Asked Questions about CaseLines for more information about uploading documents.
Documents uploaded to sync.com
4. For parties using sync.com, as soon as the moving party uploads its motion record to the sync.com location, it shall provide a link to the storage space to all opposing parties so they can access the moving parties’ material and upload their own.
5. The sync.com site shall contain a separate folder for material filed by each participating party. Each folder will be labelled with the filing party’s name only. Parties may upload material to their own folder only and may not alter any material uploaded by any other party.
6. All documents other than factums shall be uploaded to the sync.com site in searchable PDF format. Factums shall be uploaded to the sync.com in WORD and PDF format.
7. Earlier directions concerning the filing of electronic compendiums and hyperlinking factums continue to apply.
8. The link should remain active until the judge’s decision in the matter has been released.
9. The moving party will provide the judge hearing the matter and the Commercial/Estates List office with a link to the sync.com file site 48 hours before the hearing.