This page provides information to people who have a case before the Small Claims Court, whether they are representing themselves or have a lawyer, paralegal or agent. Because the Court must remain impartial regarding any case that may come before it, the Superior Court of Justice cannot provide legal advice; however, we are happy to provide you with the resources below and direct you to resources available on other websites
- Small Claims Court Working Group – October 2023 webinar
- Small Claims Court Working Group Webinar – June 23, 2021
- Small Claims Court Update (June 2021)
- Filing with the Ontario Small Claims Court (June 2021)
- Important Information about Your Settlement Conference
For additional information, you may also wish to refer to the following sections of our website:
Information for Parties provides information and links to other resources regarding the court system in Ontario, proceedings in the Superior Court of Justice, and information about how to obtain legal advice or legal representation.
Practice and Procedure sets out the policies, protocols, and practice directions that govern how cases proceed in the Superior Court of Justice.
Court Etiquette and Procedures indicates what to expect and how to conduct yourself when going to court.