The practice directions listed below apply to Superior Court of Justice proceedings in the Toronto Region. Both province-wide and region-specific practice directions are included. In 2014, the Court undertook a review of all of its practice directions. As part of that review, all previously issued Superior Court of Justice practice directions were revoked and replaced with new consolidated practice directions effective July 1, 2014.
Also listed below are notices, guides and region-specific forms relevant to proceedings in the Toronto Region.
For a list of courthouse locations by region, please see Regional Court Schedules.
For additional information on Court programs and services, see Going to Court.
- Consolidated Provincial Practice Direction (Province-wide)
- Consolidated Divisional Court Practice Direction (Province-wide)
- Provincial Practice Direction Regarding Criminal Proceedings (Province-wide) Effective May 1, 2017
- Practice Direction Regarding Applications under s. 11(b) of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms (Province-wide)
- Consolidated Practice Direction for Civil Actions, Applications, Motions and Procedural Matters in the Toronto Region (Regional)
- Consolidated Practice Direction Concerning the Commercial List (Regional)
- Consolidated Practice Direction Concerning the Estates List in the Toronto Region (Regional)
- Consolidated Practice Direction Concerning Family Cases in the Toronto Region (Regional)
Notices and Guides
- The Guide Concerning Best Practices for Civil Actions, Applications and Motions in the Toronto Region (Regional)
- The Guide Concerning Commercial List E-Service (Regional)
- The Guide Concerning e-Delivery of Documents in the Ontario Superior Court of Justice (Regional)
- Video Series re preparing materials in accordance with the Guide Concerning e-Delivery of Documents in the Ontario Superior Court of Justice
- Practice Advisory – Application for Judicial Authorization of Physician Assisted Death (Province-wide)
- Practice Advisory Concerning Family Long Motions in the Toronto Region (Regional)
- Practice Advisory re Video Conferencing for Civil Practice Court, Commercial List Chambers Matters and Estates List 9:30 appointments in the Toronto Region (Regional)
- Publication Ban Requests in the Superior Court of Justice (Province-wide)
- Recommended Instructions to Self-represented Accused Before Pre-trial Conferences – These instructions provide information on the pre-trial conference to self-represented accused persons. (Province-wide)
- Superior Court of Justice Video Conferencing Pilot Project
The Superior Court of Justice video conferencing pilot project launched July 28, 2015 in eight locations: Toronto, Ottawa, Belleville, Oshawa, Newmarket, Sudbury, Timmins and Cochrane.
Note: This section contains forms specific to the Toronto Region. For other forms, including those prescribed under the Rules of Civil Procedure, the Family Law Rules, the Criminal Proceedings Rules and the Small Claims Court Rules, visit the Ontario Court Forms website.
Civil Motions Forms
- Requisition to Schedule a Short Motion or Application
- Requisition to Attend Motion Scheduling Court
- Requisition to Schedule Long Motion before A Master
- Request for Case Management
- Certification Form to Set Pre-Trial and Trial Dates
- Certificate (Proof of Mediation)
- Confirmation Form
- Civil Practice Court: Long Motions & Summary Judgment
- Requisition to Attend Civil Practice Court
Commercial List Forms (including Model Orders)
- Approval and Vesting Order Form
- Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act lnitial Order Form
- Final Order Plan of Arrangement
- Foreign Main Proceeding – Initial Recognition Order
- Foreign Main Proceeding – Supplemental Order
- Mareva Order Form
- Interim Order – Plan of Arrangement
- Receiver Discharge Order Form
- Receivership Order Form
- Precedent Order to Allow Entry and Search of Premises