This is a list of the Superior Court of Justice Practice Directions that apply to proceedings in the Northeast Region. Both province-wide and region-specific Practice Directions are listed. These Practice Directions take effect on July 1, 2014 and all other previously issued Superior Court of Justice Practice Directions are revoked.
For a list of courthouse locations by region, please see Regional Court Schedules.
For additional information on Court programs and services, see Going to Court.
- Consolidated Provincial Practice Direction (Province-wide)
- Consolidated Divisional Court Practice Direction (Province-wide)
- Provincial Practice Direction Regarding Criminal Proceedings (Province-wide)
- Consolidated Practice Direction for the Northeast Region (Regional)
- Consolidated Practice Direction Concerning Family Cases in the Northeast Region (Regional)
- Practice Advisory Concerning the Provincial Civil Case Management Pilot – One Judge Model (Province-wide)
- Practice Advisory – Application for Judicial Authorization of Physician Assisted Death (Province-wide)
- Publication Ban Requests in the Superior Court of Justice (Province-wide)
- Recommended Instructions to Self-represented Accused Before Pre-trial Conferences – These instructions provide information on the pre-trial conference to self-represented accused persons. (Province-wide)
- Superior Court of Justice Video Conferencing Pilot Project
The Superior Court of Justice video conferencing pilot project launched July 28, 2015 in eight locations: Toronto, Ottawa, Belleville, Oshawa, Newmarket, Sudbury, Timmins and Cochrane.